Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Feel Like This Is Weird..

Well...I really feel awkward just writing to the computer about my life. Hopefully lets get easier? Anyways, just a little introduction of my life for the first blog. 10 Facts about my life.

#1 I am a freshman in college 
I absolutely love college.  I am currently attending USU, studying speech pathology and I'm pretty sure life can't get any better. 
#2  I have a missionary
Yes, a missionary.  His name is Elder Nic Searle and he is serving in the Farmington, New Mexico mission but is currently in Many Farms, Arizona on a Navajo Reservation.  He absolutely loves it there and I am absolutely proud of him. I can't wait for him to get home, but we both have things to get done in the next two years so we'll see how it goes. 
#3 I have 5 siblings
Well, technically I have 4 but I just include my sister-in-law as a sibling. The oldest is Steven.  He and his wife, Allie (yes, we have the same name. It's great.) live here in Logan with me which is such a blessing.  Then theres me. Next is Tiffany. She is CRAZY. But in a good way.  Everyone loves her. And last, but definitely not least, is Savannah.  She is the princess of our family and we all love her very much. I miss Tiff and Savvy dearly but I'm not too far away so visits are often. 
#4 My Parentals 
ARE FANTASTIC. I am so so so blessed to have such loving parents who only want the best for me.  I couldn't ask for anything better. Thank you mom and dad for everything you do for me. 
#5 I love to take pictures. Like, LOVE.
I am that really annoying girl that is always saying, "Oh, I've gotta get a picture of that!" Why not take pictures? One day you're going to what to look back on a specific time and if you have pictures it's 10x better! I'm not a talented photographer or anything, I just take pictures of my friends and I hanging out. 
#6 I love to play volleyball
I started playing volleyball my sophmore year of high school.  It was the greatest decision of my life.  I have made some of my very best friends while playing volleyball.  I play volleyball and it's like nothing else matters.  It's my de-stresser and it works like a charm.  Unfortunately, I am not playing college ball.  I decided I needed to focus on school work and have a job.  I go to almost every USU volleyball game though.  It's like torture. But I just can't stay away. 
#7 My nickname 
While playing HS volleyball I picked up the nick name, "Sunshine." If I was walking down the street and someone said "sunshine" I would respond.  It's actually weird to me when my volleyball friends call me Ali. It's even weird for them. There are different versions of the name. Some call me "Sun" others call me "SunnyD" but to me its all the same and I kinda like it (: 
#8 Turkey Sandwiches 
Ohhh myyy goossshhh. Turkey sandwiches are thee very best food on this earth.  BUT, they have to be made as follows: White bread, mayo (none of this miracle whip crap. It's a "miracle" that stuff still sells.), yellow mustard, thinly sliced turkey breast, pickles and a side of Original Sun Chips. Ahh. Devine. 
#9 I love to sing
I'm really not a great singer. But I definitely pretend as though I am. I love to just rock out in the car with friends (or by myself..) It's so much fun to sing at the top of your lungs to your favorite song on a sunny day with the windows down and your hair blowing everywhere.  Can't you just picture it? Pure Joy. 
#10 I am a Latter-Day Saint
I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I honestly don't know where I would be without it.  It has been such a cool experience to meet so many people of different religions up here at USU.  I have learned so much and it has strengthened my testimony immensely. I could go on for hours about the church but just plain and simply...The church is true. I KNOW IT IS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment