Monday, April 23, 2012

Saying Goodbye.

Welp. That was rough.
Tonight at FHE we went and had a big bonfire up the canyon. We roasted hot dogs 
and made s'mores and enjoyed each others company for about 45 minutes.
Then the bishop said he wanted a few of us to stand and share something that impacted us
from the past year whether it be funny, personal, spiritual, whatever. Just share something. It got
depressing really fast. Until tonight I hadn't really started thinking about how I might not see anyone
from my ward ever again. But people started saying how much the friends they had made this year
had impacted their lives and everyone was crying and it really got me thinking. I have 2 weeks and 
then I leave. We all leave. Our paths may never pass again.
Did I take advantage of the time I had with the people I met and learn all I could from them?
Nope. I didn't.
And now its too late.
I wish I would have gotten to know more people better. Yes, I talked to them but I didn't really know anything else about them. I wish that I could say I made an impact on someone. But now that opportunity is gone and theres nothing I can do about it.
Moral of the story is to live in a way that you would want to be remembered for. Be the person that is so outgoing to everyone. Be the person that includes everyone and that everyone wants to be around. Don't let a possible friendship pass you by. 
Some of the handsome boys in our ward

Some of the amazing girls in our ward

Shout of to a great bishopric.
I honestly can't tell you how great of examples these three men are to the youth in our ward. They are some of the best men I know. I was so lucky to get to work beside them this year in the Relief Society Presidency. I couldn't have asked for a better calling, bishopric, presidency, or ward in general. I truly am blessed.



And last but certainly not least...
My Incredible Roommates.
These girls are some of my best friends now. I'm still going to be living with 3 of them next semester but the thought of even leaving them for the summer kills me. And the fact that London and Allae aren't going to live with me next year just makes me want to cry. We have all been through so much this year together and nothing can ever take that away from us. We will definitely be life long friends but it will never be the same as it was this year. I am so grateful for the examples these girls were and are to me and for the truly amazing friends that they have been to me. I'm going to miss all of them this summer so so much. 



This year has been an absolute blast and I wouldn't change a thing. I have learned so much about myself and about life this semester. I have definitely grown as a person. I've realized who I want to become and who I am right now. I'm so glad I decided to move up here to Logan and I can't wait to come back up here next year. See ya'll then!


1 comment:

  1. I love you Alison!!! You are an amazing daughter and I love reading this blog. I am so happy that you had such a great experience this past year up at Utah State. I'm going to miss you this summer while you're in Belize!!!! Waaaaaaahhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete