Sunday, June 3, 2012

Food For Thought.


Most of you reading this blog will be able to relate farely well to this post.
Have you ever REALLY stopped to think about how blessed you are to see a temple everyday of your life? I sure hadn't until today. I mean, I've always known I'm lucky to have one so close but now that the oppurtunity to go to the temple is completely taken away it really starts to mean something to you. The closest temple to me here in Belize is the Guatemala City Temple. It's an 18 hour drive. Yes, I just said an 18 HOUR DRIVE. And it is extrememly dangerous. The church down here goes twice a year but they have to be accompanied by police all the way there and then the police watch their bus for them the whole time while they are in the temple so that they don't get robbed.
Today at church it really hit me how lucky I am to be able to see and attend the beautiful Timpanogos temple as much and as often as my heart so desires. But do I take advantage of that blessing? Rarely. In sacrament meeting one of the ladies was baring her testimony and mentioned how she had never before seen a temple but that she  was excited to go. I can't even tell you how badly that hurt my heart to hear. NEVER have seen a temple before? I don't know what I would do.
I have 7 temples, 7TEMPLES within an hour of my house and one of them I can see out my bedroom window. What a blessing. You can bet that when I get home I will be taking many more temple trips.
The Church Is True.

No comments:

Post a Comment